Other Substances including Caffeine, Cannabis and Nicotine
While alcohol is the substance that most people think of when they think of college student substance use, many students also use caffeine (though we don't usually think of it as "using caffeine"). A smaller proportion of students may use nicotine, cannabis or another substance. You can find information about these other substances at the links on this page.
Many of these substances also have significant interactions with alcohol. You can learn about these interactions here.
- UHS' Cannabis Health Resource page is a great place to start.
- Vaping Addiction and Nicotine Withdrawal
- 5 Vaping Facts You Need to Know (from Johns Hopkins Medicine)
- Quitting vaping? Here are 5 tips for handling nicotine withdrawal
- Campus Quitting Resources